Creating a Scratch account (And verifying your email) will allow you to save and share your Scratch programs with your teacher and classmates.
To get started.
1. Go to scratch.mit.edu
2. Click Join Scratch
3. Create a username and password that you will remember!
4. Once you’ve created your username and password you will want to click Next to continue to the next step.
5. Enter the appropriate age and demographic information. If you do not feel comfortable typing in this information speak to your teacher about alternatives.
6. Click Next
7. Depending on your age you will be asked for YOUR or your PARENT/GUARDIAN’S email. If it asks for your email enter your school email (firstname.lastname + last 3 digits of student number). If it asks for your parent/guardian’s email input that AND/OR ask your teacher for help.
8. The screen will tell you that your account has been created and that you are all set to program. Click Next.
9. You will see an orange bar at the top of the screen asking you to confirm your email. This confirmation will allow you to share links to your programs with family/friends/teachers. To confirm it you will have to click the link that Scratch sends to your email.
10. Even if you are unable to confirm your email at this point you can still code!
11. Click Create to get started!
If you’d like to see these directions with images please open the file below: